Many of you will be familiar with my love of leather craft, it’s been a dream for a while to delve further into the opportunities with such a perfect and versatile material. More on that soon (can’t wait to share!), but for now I thought I would share a super simple, and quick, DIY featuring some supple nude leather. Perfect as a way to start experimenting!
You will need:
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) x 20cm (8 inch) piece of leather (or vegan leather)
- 1 m (1.1 yards) of leather cord
- Multi-hole punch
- 1 button stud
- Strong craft glue, such as E6000
1. On the back of piece of 1.5cm x 20cm leather, mark a dot every centimeter down the center.
2. Take your multi-hole punch and punch holes over the dots you have marked.
3. On one end of the leather, punch three holes in a larger size to fit the button stud.
4. On the other end, add a button stud to the last hole.
5. On the reversed side, next to the three large holes you have made, take your leather cord and tie a knot on the forth hole. Do not trim the end of the cord.
6. On the front side, start weaving the cord around the piece of leather from top to bottom.
7. Keep going until you have completed the full length.
8. Then on the reserved side, tie another knot leaving a bit of cord.
9. Trim the end of the cord a little smaller and glue it onto the leather. Repeat this on both knots. Allow to dry.
10. Take a small pair of scissors and cut small slits into the three large holes, this will make it easier to pull over the button stud.
What other crafts and materials would you love to see or do more of yourself? x