Because the studio is absolutely overflowing with plants these days, it seems silly not to experiment with as many different types of planters as possible. It’s pretty clear that you can fashion a planter out of pretty much anything, rope, chain and now a square of leather! Read on to see how you can make your own.
See yesterday’s post for details on buying the perfect white romper.
DIY Hanging Leather Planter
- Multi Hole Punch
- Chalk Pencil or Pen
1. Measure the base and height of your plant pot.
2. First, draw a square based on the measurement of the base of your plant pot. Then add square wings on each side of the square according to the height of your plant pot.
3. Cut out your box template and punch holes 1cm (around half an inch) from the corner.
4. Cut 4 pieces of 90 cm (36 in) rope.
5. Attach the rope through the parallel holes with the know facing the inside.
6. Once you have attached all your pieces, it should look like this.
7. Place your succulent in the centre.
8. Hold up all your pieces of string to create your hanging leather box planter
Photos by Nicola Lemmon