It’s no secret that I’m a massive fan of tea – tea parties, high tea, morning tea – literally anything with tea involved and I’m there. My guess it that it’s a a side effect of living in London for a few years, and also of ‘making a cuppa’ always being a great reason to swan around the office and waste a little bit of time during the course of the working day. My love of tea also stretches to an insane addiction to tea sets – I collected a few amazing intricately decorated sets while I was living in London but sadly had to leave all but one set behind. I recently stumbled upon a gorgeous porcelain doll house tea set in a local market here in Hong Kong, and decided it would be perfect to make some jewelry out of. Today’s tutorial is a cute tea party ring.
– A cup and saucer from a porcelain dolls tea set – find yours cheaply in toy stores.
– Industrial strength glue (like E6000)
– A ring base
1. Put some glue on the saucer of your tea set.
2. Press the saucer down onto the glue and leave to dry.
3. Once the cup and saucer are bonded together, turn them over and put some glue on the underside of the saucer.
4. Attach the ring base.
5. Leave to dry over night.
And there you have it. Easy as pie and impossibly cute!
I hope you have a lovely and very relaxing weekend. Do any of you have projects planned? xx