One thing I seem to have none of at the moment is time, 2017 has been flying past at a startling pace!
But with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s definitely time for some TLC (for my hair that is). But who has time to go to the salon for a hairstyle? Definitely not me. And so I thought it would be fun to show you two simple hairstyles that you can wear on date night, both created with the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. And because this year’s Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday, I put these together knowing that you’re going to want a style you can prep quickly in the morning before work, and then give a little glam up just before you go out. Introducing, the sleek wrapped ponytail and the simple beach wave updo. Time for some hair love!
On a side note, I feel like Valentines Day is as good day as any to buy yourself some flowers, these ones have made me so happy and I didn’t have to wait for anyone to get them for me! Oh and on the subject of buying oneself things, how nice is this chair I bought myself from a vintage store in Australia? I think it’s *true* love.
Style 1: Beach Wave Updo
I love experimenting with different ways to add texture to my hair, with beachy waves being one of my favourite styles. Previously I’ve shown you how to create them using my hair dryer and the ‘little buns’ technique, but today I’m going to show you another way – by creating loose plaits and drying them by using the top heat setting on the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. This technique gives a gorgeous waved texture that lasts all day, and can easily be put up in a relaxed updo just in time for date night.
How to – Beach Wave Updo
1. Scrunch some mousse or salt spray into the roots of damp hair.
2. Create a couple of loose plaits and tie off at the ends with hair ties – make sure they are thick and loose so your resulting wave isn’t too tight!
3. Using the diffuser, dry your plaits for a few minutes on high heat. Because it has Intelligent heat control, the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer helps prevent heat damage and protects your hair’s natural shine… meaning you don’t have to worry about frizzing or removing moisture from your hair accidentally.
4. When the plaits are dry, take off the bands and then let them completely cool before teasing them out.
5. Use your fingertips to bring out the curl. If your hair is still damp you can give it another blast with the diffuser. You should have some simple waves. Yay! Spritz them with hairspray to maintain the shape.
6. Then, for a very quick updo that will show off your waves even more, take the front sections of the hair and twist to the back of your head.
7. Pin them in place and you’re ready to go!
Style 2: Sleek Wrapped Ponytail
This style is all about creating the perfect smooth texture, which can then be put up into a sleek ponytail quickly, just before you run out the door. This is one of those easy to maintain styles that’s sure to stay looking great all night! Just throw on some statement earrings and you’re all set.
How to – Sleek Wrapped Ponytail
1. Prep damp hair with a drop or two of smoothing serum.
2. Using your Dyson Supersonic hair dryer with the smoothing nozzle attached and a round brush, start by blow drying the front section of your hair, face the smoothing nozzle down the hair shaft to help reduce frizz, maintain natural shine and create the smoothest possible style.
3. Pin the front up when you’re done.
4. Lightly dry the rest of your hair without using the brush.
5. Once it’s almost dry, add a little more serum.
6. Moving to the back and then the sides, pull sections around as you dry using the round brush again.
7. Once you’re done, it’s time to reduce the frizz even more – a tip I got from my hairdresser is to blow all the shorter hairs underneath the long ones hairs. To do this, using your hairdryer, lift the longer hair on the top and blow the shorter ones under. This will help to hide the frizz and give you your smoothest hair possible!
8. Moving on to the date night style (you might do this straight away or later in the day before you head out!) section off the front of your hair, and tie the rest into a smooth ponytail.
9. Take the left section and going from the top to the underneath, wrap it around the hair tie. Pin it in place underneath.
10. Do the other section and pin in place.
11. Spritz with hairspray and you’re good to go. Talk about smooth! 🙂
There you have it, two easy hairstyles for your date night. And so quick! I like that the design of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer lets you dry and style at the same time, meaning that if you’re tight on time, you can achieve a salon style at home… something that goes a long way in justifying the purchase and is a winner if you’re like me and have less than 5 minutes up your sleeve to get ready!