Can you believe it’s only 4 weeks til christmas? Where did the year go?!?
Anyway, enough freaking out and on to today’s post. You won’t be surprised that I’m all about creative wrapping of gifts when it comes to the holidays… The more interesting/fun to open the better! Last year I created 3D Stars that were great as a decoration and also pretty cool to open too (if I may say so myself!), and for me those two elements are key. The guys over at Oroton recently asked me to try my hand at coming up with a few creative gift wrap ideas to celebrate the release of their oh-so-giftable Bueno and Jewellery collections, and I was totally up for the challenge. First up? These stitched up parcels that take minimal materials but have maximum wow factor. Enjoy!
- Black, white and brown poster paper
- A sewing machine/needle and thread
- A star template
- Confetti/tinsel pieces
- Create your star template by downloading and printing . A tip? To make giant ones, we printed half a star on A3 paper, and then joined two of these together using tape.
- Outline and cut out two stars from your chosen paper. We did a mix of black, white and brown paper.
- Using a sewing machine or needle and thread, sew the two stars together about 1cm (half inch) from the edge. Make sure you use a long stitch which will put less pressure on the paper.
- Leave one side open.
- Fill with presents and tinsel/confetti.
- Sew up the open side. All done!
You can make these stars in just about any size, they’re perfect for any gift as long as it’s quite flat. You can also make them in a range of sizes… next time I’ll be trying out a half moon shape and a circle. It’s a choose your adventure type wrapping! 🙂 The best part? Ripping them open!
Stay tuned for another creative wrapping idea coming soon!