QUICK DIY: FRINGED SNEAKERS
8th February 2016
Can we take a moment to celebrate the fact that these days sneakers are acceptable for almost all situations? Beach, bar, work – wherever. There’s nothing better than comfort, right? In the event you’re looking to take the humble sneak up a bit, take inspiration from the runway and add a simple leather fringe. Read on to see how.
- A pair of sneakers
- A piece of leather
- A ruler
- A multi hole punch
1. Measure and cut your leather so that when placed on your shoes it covers the laces.
2. To create the fringe, mark with a ruler regular intervals along the short edge of the leather.
3. The cut the fringe, making sure not to cut all the way through!
4. Trim the fringe ends to symmetrical points.
5. Use your hole punch to make holes matching where the laces sit on the shoes.
6. Put the leather fringe on top of the shoes and thread the laces through. Tie the laces to secure in place.
Photos by Nicola Lemmon