In the survey we did a little while ago, a few of you asked for quick DIY projects that help you to transform basic items you have in your wardrobe, and so today we thought we would show you a go to project of ours – adding lace trim to a simple white top. Chances are you ave a simple white T-shirt lying around the house, something you might reach for on a morning when your plans involve nothing more than coffee on the couch. But with this simple update, we show you how to take a sleeveless tee from cheap to chic in a matter of minutes.
- Plain sleeveless shirt
- Lace trim
- Needle and thread
1. Fold a small section of the end of your lace trim under to give it a nice edge.
2. With your shirt facing the right way, join the folded trim with the seam of the shirt and start pinning the trim around the inside of the armhole.
3. Pin the trim all the way around the armhole.
4. Cut the trim slightly longer where it meets the starting point and once again fold the end under.
5. Using your needle and thread, hand sew the trim onto the shirt. Only pick up a small bit of fabric when you sew to keep the stitches invisible from the outside.
6. Once you have sewn the trim all the way around the armhole, connect the folded ends, secure them and sew them together.
7. Simply repeat on the other armhole and voila!