There’s nothing like flowers to get you through a long day, right? We love the simplicity of the hanging test tube vases that have been super popular over in the store, but recently decided to step it up a notch with this floral chandelier, perfect for adding a touch of pretty, and actually so simple to make! Oh and, if you’re trying to decide what flowers to use, perhaps you could match the rug to your flowers? 🙂
- 6 x hanging test tube vases
- 3 meters (3.3 yards) of leather cord
- metal circle frame
You can buy the kit for this project here.
1. Cut 2 pieces of string approximately 50 cm (20 in) long. Tie your string onto your metal frame on each side, so a to create a cross style hanger.
2. Cut a piece of string approximately 20cm (8 inches) long, tie one end onto the test tube vase.
3. Tie the other end onto the metal frame. Do this for all 6 vases, ensuring they are balanced around the frame.
4. Trim your flowers using the test tube vase as a measuring tool. Leave your stem slightly longer.
5. Repeat this for all 6 vases
7. Place your flowers into the test-tube vases.
8. Trim any loose ends
9 Tada! Now that it is ready to hang, you can add water into the test tube vases.
Photos by Nicola Lemmon
If you love Floral Projects make sure to check out this one, just in time for Spring!
Grab your kit for this project here.