Sitting down to write my goals for this year, one area that I dedicated a little bit of time to was planning 2015’s potential (hoping, finger’s crossed!) destinations. Although the list is pretty flexible depending on what this year brings, one thing I really want to do is a little road trip around the US – it’s something that’s fascinated me for years and year, and I’m putting it at the top of my priority list! In the event that you’re sitting at your desk dreaming of your next trip, I thought I would share a little DIY we created in the studio using the gorgeous leather stamps – these wanderlust inspired luggage tags. Enjoy!
- Leather Stamp Set
- Multi Hole Punch
- 2 x chopping boards (or books)
1. Make a paper template by cutting a 10cm x 4cm rectangle then cut the corners off on one side. Take your template and trace around in on the back of some leather.
2. Cut the shape out.
3. Along the centre of the tag, make a mark 1cm from the edge.
4. Punch a hole over the point you have marked.
5. Tape the leather to a table or floor.
6. Take your chopping board (or book) and line it up to under where you want your first line of letter to be.
7. Tape down the board to stop it from moving.
8. Take a leather letter stamps and line it up above the first board, then place the second board on the other side of the stamp so that the stamp is sandwiched between. Tape down the second board. This will give you a guideline and keep your letters straight.
9. On a scrap piece of leather, experiment with how many times you need to hit the stamps to make a good impression, this will vary on the type of leather you have. Once you are ready, decide on what you want your tags to say and stamp away!
10. Cut a piece of string, fold the piece of string in half and thread it through the hole. Tie a knot at the end and tada, your done!
Here’s to a year of travel and adventure!