DIY SUMMER TASSEL NECKLACE
24th June 2014
Summertime is officially here, and what better way to celebrate than a piece of tequila sunrise inspired neck candy that you can make yourself?
- 3 shades of large tassels
- 3 shades of embroidery thread
- Black woven rope
- Closed jump rings
- 1 sewing needle
- 2 large end caps
- Open jump rings
- 1 lobster clasp
- E6000 glue
1. Cut 3 pieces of rope approximately 65cm long. Wrap tape around the ends to stop them from fraying.
2. Insert 6 closed jump rings over the 3 strands of rope positioned in the middle of the rope.
3. Insert the first tassel over the rope and move down next to the jump rings and start adding 6 more jump rings on the other side.
4. Loop the tassel around the rope 3 times until the tassel is secure. Repeat with the other two tassels.
This is what it should look like.
5. Measure 2.5cm (1 inch) away from the tassels and then add two closed rings. Then, measure 125cm (50in) of embroidery thread and thread this through the embroidery needle. To secure the thread, sew the needle through the middle of the rope.
6. Start wrapping until it is approximately 1cm (a half inch) wide and then hide the knot in the middle of the ropes.
7. Repeat wit the other colours and then measure another 2.5cm (1 inch) and do another set.
8. Add the neck clasps to the end by gluing the rope into the end caps and letting dry overnight, and then add the lobster clasps and jump rings.
Ready for summer!
Outfit photos by Marion Tessier