There’s nothing better than a bit of sparkle on your wrist to get you through the inevitable February slump. With that in mind, I recently crafted these jeweled bracelets.Why wait for something pretty to be given to you this Valentines, when you can make something for yourself? Read on to see how I made them.
- Cotton ribbon
- A skewer
- End clamps
- Lobster clasp
- Jump rings
1. Measure your wrist, taking into account that the lobster clasp will add around 2.5cm (1 inch) to the length of the bracelet.
2. Cut your cotton ribbon to size.
3. Put come glue onto a piece of paper and then lay out your rhinestone pattern.
4. Put some glue on the back of the rhinestones, make sure you do this in a well ventilated space.
5. Press onto the ribbon, making sure to centre the design. Once you’re finished, leave to dry overnight. Once your bracelet is dry, flip it over and fold the edge slightly.
6. Press the ribbon into the clamp, adding some glue to both the inside of the clasp and between the folded ribbon to secure it in place.
7. To avoid scratching the clamp, place some fabric over the clamp before pressing it down using plyers to secure the ribbon.
8. Add the lobster clasp and jump ring to one end, and the bigger jump ring to the other end.