I’m SUCH a sucker for a natural leather clutch, jussst the right size for all the important things. I recently made a video with my friend Luke showing you how to craft a leather clutch. As I mention in the video, working with leather has always scared me a little bit, but the minimalist construction of this clutch will have you feeling like a pro in no time!
As you can see I’ve been having fun experimenting with video, such a fun medium! Although I can’t help feeling like each one is a study in my rising inflection studded Aussie accent…
- a piece of thick leather
- 5 gold button studs
- a multihole puncher
1. Cut out the leather into the envelope shape as shown above. Mine was roughly 34cm x 27cm.
2. Add the holes using the hole puncher.
3. Fold the clutch together, with the two sides flaps first and then the bottom flap over the top.
4. Secure it with the studs.
5. Add the final stud as the button that closes the clutch.
6. Press down the top hole onto the button stud to secure. Voila!