DIY LEATHER CLUTCH
13th November 2013
I’m SUCH a sucker for a natural leather clutch, jussst the right size for all the important things. As part of the launch my second collection of DIY kits in collaboration with Wander and Hunt, I recently made a video with my friend Luke showing you how to craft a leather clutch. As I mention in the video, working with leather has always scared me a little bit, but the minimalist construction of this clutch will have you feeling like a pro in no time! This is a design I created from scratch using the most gorgeous blush coloured thick leather, and I’m excited to share it with you by way of Wander and Hunt. Oh, and did I mention international shipping is completely free for the holidays? Yay!
As you can see I’ve been having fun experimenting with video, such a fun medium! Although I can’t help feeling like each one is a study in my rising inflection studded Aussie accent…
Or buy the kit here (yay for free shipping!).
1. Cut out the leather into the envelope shape as shown above. Mine was roughly 34cm x 27cm.
2. Add the holes using the hole puncher.
3. Fold the clutch together, with the two sides flaps first and then the bottom flap over the top.
4. Secure it with the studs.
5. Add the final stud as the button that closes the clutch.
6. Press down the top hole onto the button stud to secure. Voila!