DIY STUDDED ROPE BRACELET
9th August 2013
Thank you for the warm birthday wishes yesterday via instagram – I gave myself the day off and it was so good! Was contemplating a ‘screen free’ day, but it’s a bit hard when calls from parents and friends inevitably leads to a quick instagram check and spirals out of control from there (makes me think of this). An additional year brings clarity (I think…), a few fleeting ‘omg what am I doing’ thoughts and a whole lot of enthusiasm for working harder – oh and relief that no matter how old I get, my boyfriend will always be 4 years older. Yay! On an unrelated note, my addiction to anything involving rope or studs has spawned the studded rope bracelet. Read on to see how!
- Cotton Rope
- Gold End Caps
- Gold Lobster Clasps
- Jump rings
- Pyramid studs
- Super glue
- Jewelry pliers
1. Measure the rope to fit your wrist.
2. Cut to size (addicted to fancy scissors).
3. Put some glue in the end cap.
4. Press an end cap onto both ends of the rope, making sure to remove the tape from the ends of the rope (if there is any) and pushing it in so you get a snug fit.
5. Using your pliers, attach the jump ring to one end and the jump ring and lobster clasp to the other end.
6. Space your studs out across the rope to determine where to put them.
7. Put some glue into the stud and then press it onto the rope, clamping down the prongs and allowing to dry overnight.