A PAIR & A SPARE FOR TONY BIANCO
5th May 2013
I couldn’t be more excited to announce the launch of my shoe collection for Tony Bianco. After many years of wearing and loving this Aussie shoe brand, the TB team and I began working on a collaboration – I plotted out the 5 different styles from scratch (after a quick crash course in drawing shoes) and we spent the rest of the time refining the details. It was an eye opening process, at times nerve racking and at others feverishly exciting, I certainly learnt that designing is nowhere near as easy as doing a DIY, ha!
After test driving the sample pairs while at Sydney Fashion Week (keeping it on the downlow was v. v. difficult) I worked with my girl Margaret Zhang to create the campaign for the collection, and I couldn’t be happier with the way that it turned out. Marg’s skills behind the lens are incredible and I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on her in the coming years (hashtag one to watch). Read on for the first story in the campaign – I hope you like!
You can get your hands on the collection here.
For those of you based outside of Australia, Tony Bianco are happy to organise international shipping for you, simply email the lovely team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your shoe choice and they’ll ship them out.
I’d love to hear if you have a favourite pair!
- Look 1: Cameo Tank – Geneva’s DIY Skirt – Versace Blazer from VOI Store – A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Kloe Heels
- Look 2: CUE Coat – Bonds Tee – Bec & Bridge Skirt - Geneva’s DIY Bag with Commes des Garçons Pouch – A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Arla Heels
- Look 3: Zimmermann Dazed Check Jacket – Jamie Ashkar Skirt – A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Kasandra Heels
- Look 4: DIY transparent satchel, A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Arla Heels
- Look 5: Manning Cartell Jacket - Roksanda Ilincic Saddle Laminated Dress from MATCHES – A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Fringe Heels
- Look 5: Sportmax Leather Skirt, A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Kasandara Heels
- Look 7: Bec & Bridge Floral Short suit – A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Tachet Heels
- Look 5: Camilla & Marc Framework Blazer – Eska Alikai Thane Leather Top – Jamie Ashkar Skirt – A Pair & A Spare for Tony Bianco Kloe Heels
Campaign shot by the lovely Margaret Zhang
On a side note, I have to say that if you had told me when I first started my blog that one day I would design a collection of shoes, I would have thought you crazy (my career as a town planner seemed pretty permanent). At the risk of sounding like a hallmark card, I must say that it’s a good reminder that life is never set in stone, and that you should always think big because you never know where life will take you!