DIY CHAIN CAMERA STRAP
15th May 2012
– 2 m of strong but lightweight bronze chain (you don’t want to double the weight of your camera!)
– 2 sliplock buckles (I used the ones that came on my nikon strap)
– 50cm of strong nylon webbing
– E6000 glue
1. Cut the nylon webbing in half.
2. Slide one end of the nylon webbing through the camera strap holder on the camera.
3. On the outer lower half of the nylon webbing, thread one of the sliplock buckles
4. Fold the chain in half and slide the two loose ends onto the nylon webbing.
5. Double the nylon webbing over and pass back through the sliplock buckle.
6. Thread the other loose end through the sliplock buckle and reinforce both ends with E6000 glue.
7. Press down to dry and feel free to reinforce the glue with some hand stitches through the webbing. Finally, repeat this process for the other end of the strap.