- A pair of rounded or pointed pumps (these are Tony Bianco ‘Karr’, which are a great everyday heel)
- Masking tape
- A paintbrush
- White and neon yellow acrylic paints
1. Tape off a cap toe at the front of the heels with masking tape.
2. Make sure to press hard on the edges of masking tape.
3. First do a coat of white paint. Let dry for a few hours.
4. Then do a couple of coats of yellow paint.
To remove the brush strokes which were quite pronounced on my suede heels, wait until the paint is semi dry, and then wet your fingers with water and smooth any lines. I found this made a huge different to the look of the cap toe.
5. To reduce the chances of the paint cracking when you take off the masking tape (this can happen when doing multiple layers of paint) and giving you a shaky line (nothing worse), rather than waiting until the paint is completely dry, I removed the tape when the paint was still a little moist and then put aside to dry overnight.
Et Voila! Such a simple update and bang on (neon) trend. Outfit pics to come – the weather has been horrendous in HK but as soon as the sun is shining I’ll be getting a few pics in these babies.
Btw – do you follow me on bloglovin? Google friend connect is undergoing changes so it’s a great time to sign up to another feed and start discovering more blogs! xx